• Thu, Oct 23rd, 2014

Samsung Epic Set to Get Gingerbread This Month

Posted In Featured, News - By Mark Hearn On Friday, July 8th, 2011 11:11am PDT With 12 Comments

July sure is shaping up to be a big month for the Now Network! Looking at our calendar, the 24th is looking like a big day in particular, we’re calling it “Super Sunday!” However, the day after has the potential to steal the show, well at least for some. While having a nice chat with a very close source, we received word that the long awaited Gingerbread update for the Samsung Epic 4G is on target to roll out this month! Our source couldn’t lock down an exact date, but things are pointing to around after the 24th of July. The alleged culprit that has slowed the Epic 4G’s¬†tryst with Android’s latest flavor of baked goods, is said to be Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. With an Epic 2 in the pipeline for an August/September release, this kinda sounds like a case of sibling¬†rivalry. No matter what the case may be, it’s good to see a non-HTC device finally get the Gingerbread treatment on our favorite carrier. In the meantime we’ll continue to dig for an official date for you guys, but three more weeks isn’t too long of a wait.

1. Mike M says:

yes!!!! it’s about time and it’s worth the wait. My epic is already nice, now it’s going to be on top again….at least for a few months when epic 2 comes out.

Great! I was wondering when my Epic would catch up to my Galaxy Tab. If the schedule holds, my wait should almost be over!

3. regular cat radio says:

I hope this update treats my phone better than the froyo update did.

4. guest says:

It’s from my understanding that the last update screwed with the battery charging. Can anyone confirm because I don’t want to have anymore issues with the battery.

5. Engaur says:

Last to get froyo, last to get gingerbread. When will they stop treating my epic 4g like it’s the red-headed step child of fones? It’s one of the best!

6. Hotchick says:

Not sure about your question but I have a little battery trick. Plug your phone in until the blue light comes on. Then turn your phone off and let in charge up until the light is blue again. Then turn your phone back on and let charge until the blue light comes on again. Unplug and see if you get the results I have been getting.

7. Wrestler05 says:

Just saw on Sprint website under the epic in the shop area that it ships with 2.3. Probably jumped the gun on posting it, but guessing that is a good sign that it will be rolling out soon. I have a screen shot as proof.

8. Jared Leach says:

Huh… How’s your gingerbread? Mine tastes like dozen yogurt?

9. Brackish says:

Oh wait…NOT.

10. Derek Sherrill says:

Still waiting!!!

11. Radbynayure says:

It’s almost October, but still no gingerbread. I doubt we’ll ever get it.

12. Mckenzieluster1 says:

It’s late October and still no gingerbread.