• Mon, Nov 24th, 2014

Sprint Experiencing Nationwide Text Message Outage?

Posted In News - By Joe Fedewa On Monday, July 11th, 2011 12:03pm PST With 12 Comments

Reports of text messaging issues are starting to pour in, and it’s looking like it may be a nationwide outage. Venture no further than Sprint’s Twitter page and you will see that they are aware of the problem and working to get things back up and running as quickly as possible. They have replied to numerous customers complaining about the issue, and they keep assuring that their network team is working on a fix.

UPDATE: We’re getting mixed responses on if this is affecting Google Voice users.

UPDATE 2: It appears this isn’t a nationwide outage, but it’s still affecting large areas.

Can anyone confirm this is happening to them?

About - Joe is a tech enthusiast. He's been interested in phones ever since he used his first one. Since then he's evolved from flip phones to smartphones, and become even more obsessed with everything in mobile tech. He brings his fresh style of tech blogging and graphic design skills to SprintFeed.

1. guest says:

Yep, in Michigan. Started about an hour ago. I haven’t received any incoming messages since then, and every time I try to send a text, it either fails, or “sends”, but then is immediately followed by an error message saying it couldn’t be delivered.

2. Walter says:

No issues in Phoenix.

3. EnglishMuffin83 says:

Happening to me in the LA Area. Texts are arriving late in huge bursts. I just received twenty text messages that were sent about two hours ago.

4. cashd00d says:

No problems all day in Wisconsin.

5. Rogueagent71 says:

Had in Houston around 115 and lasted about 2 hours.

6. craig says:

I just received a txt message that was apparently send to me 48 hours ago(I’m a google voice user too).

7. Pixie-dust says:

In Kansas City, I can send text messages that are being received but I cannot receive text responses to me.

8. Guest says:

Amazing. Called support 3 times before someone could understand me or I could understand them. Was finally told that in my area, the network has been out since October and they don’t expect a resolution until June. Not acceptable. Sprint is losing a customer!

9. Karenb_j says:

I have no network connection…none! Lubbock,TX

10. Slipknotsady says:

i just bought my phone yesterday in north texas area and yet be able to use it.. i can make calls and send texts but cannot receive texts or get on the internet.. very frustrating

11. Pkbdix says:

this has been going on for several days in the Madison Wi asrea Not happy

12. Irish4ever318 says:

i have not been able to get calls or text messages since 7/27/12 all they saying is there are no outages as of 7/30/12 i was told to give it another 72 hrs i am looking to void my contract and switch carriers