• Thu, Apr 24th, 2014

Sprint Offering $50 Credit to Customers With Contracts Ending Soon

Posted In Deals, Featured, News - By Joe Fedewa On Thursday, July 7th, 2011 6:03pm PDT With 12 Comments

Our Super Spies have come through yet again with some information that should interest anyone whose close to the end of their contract. According to the document we received, Sprint will be offering a $50 credit to  customers who are 1-2 months away from their contract expiring, or even a 1-2 months past their contract expiring. This is Sprints way of saying “thanks for sticking with us!” Representatives are being instructed to let customers know they can receive this credit if they renew their contract. They will also make sure you are on the right plan based on past usage, and even make sure your phone is on the most recent software version. Nice move, Sprint, that’s why we love you.

About - Joe is a tech enthusiast. He's been interested in phones ever since he used his first one. Since then he's evolved from flip phones to smartphones, and become even more obsessed with everything in mobile tech. He brings his fresh style of tech blogging and graphic design skills to SprintFeed.

1. detnu says:

I just renewed 2 weeks ago, but i’m still under the 30-day return policy. Would they give me this service credit?

2. detnu says:

3. Mark Hearn says:

Not 100% sure on that, probably depends on the store/rep that you deal with. I’d also imagine that your account history would play a role in their decision. I hope it works out for you.

4. Mark Hearn says:

5. Joelmurillo says:

i just got my $50 credit for renew my contract! woo hoo!!!

6. Allie Brooks says:

Hmm. I wonder whether they will be offering the same to SERO accountholders. Probably not.

7. guest says:

Yeah but what they don’t tell you is when you renew your contract they also change your upgrade date. Had this happen twice and it’s a nightmare. Be careful when doing it.

8. J27c28 says:

this not true… I call sprint customer service to ask them about this and they said that they are not giving out any credits…

9. Mark Hearn says:

It sounds like you got stonewalled! This is very much true, but I’d recommend going directly into a Sprint store and not calling customer service as the two of them operate by different guidelines. Hope this helps.

10. J27c28 says:

oh, ok… thankz a lot for the advise…

11. guest says:

we have received two of these credits and neither one has changed the upgrade date! They are actually letting us upgrade one of them early do to the fact that we are having hardware issues with it.