• Mon, Oct 20th, 2014

Internal Memo Suggests Sprint iPhone by October 15th

Posted In Featured, News - By Mark Hearn On Friday, September 9th, 2011 12:24pm PDT With 20 Comments

You better watch out, better not cry, better not pout, we’re telling you, something big is coming to town! One of our beloved Super Spies has snagged an internal memo advising Sprint employees that they’re “blacking out September 30th through October 15th,” due to the possibility of a major phone release in October. For those of you who don’t know what they mean by “blacking out,” it means they’re not allowing time off requests during this specific time period.

Considering that the Epic 4G Touch is already out of the bag, what else can it be? Everything here suggests the iPhone making its highly anticipated debut on the Now Network. Looking at the referenced time period, we’re pretty sure that this “big” unnamed device will hit between the blackout dates. This would allow time for employee training, release date preparation and finally the aftermath of sales.

Now that we’re pretty much sure that Sprint’s variant of the iPhone will have unlimited data, the next four to five weeks should be very interesting. This my not provide the exact release date we’re looking for, but it definitely narrows things down quite a bit.

1. Grant Gubser says:

“why,” It’s “you better not pout, we’re telling you WHY”

Just wanted to make sure you got your lyrics right… :)

Dear God,

Please do not let my girlfriend see this article. If she does all I will hear for the next month and a week is that she wants an iphone.

3. Daniel Bobke says:

What if this is the Nexus Prime and not the iPhone? (with hopefulness in his tone…)

4. Daniel Bobke says:

5. O I wonder what this could be? ;)

6. O I wonder what this could be? ;)

7. O I wonder what this could be? ;)

8. Tino Q says:

Oh please! I will be happy with the Photon, why do we need a glorified phone for? #SprintFeedPhoton

9. Don Williams says:

It’s about time Sprint gets the iPhone… I can’t wait!

10. Alex Ionta says:

it’s just the new Curve 9350…

11. Nupetarian says:

I would prefer the Nexus Prime. But all this is irelevant until Sprint upgrade their network. Way too slow for streaming. Need to work out a deal with Espn and get some type of service like V-Cast.

12. Paul Novak says:

that doesnt look like an internal memo….

13. Anon says:

That is not an internal memo, that is someone reading their corporate e-mail. Not only that the e-mail is sent from a retail employee, highest possible level individual store manager. ([CON] tag on the e-mail)

It could be anything …..until APPLE says its so I won’t believe that iPhone will be on sprint.but I’m going to
    Save my upgrade until October. I’m really liking the evo 3d,but I would love to return to iPhone!

15. hllwn_air says:

I’d rather it be the Nexus Prime, but if Sprint doesn’t get the Prime on its initial release date, they probably won’t get until the Spring of 2012. A year after they got the Nexus S. I have an iPod Touch, and although it would be nice to have a phone to sync with iTunes and have all those nice accessories, for web browsing a 3.5″ screen is nearly uselessly too small.

16. Me says:

100% correct. it’s just Outlook Web access, so anyone could have written it (as previous commenter said, it’s a retail tag on the name).
    Did a good job getting people even more riled up though!

17. None says:

I haven’t received any notice about black out dates. I am assuming this is a fake.

18. Daniel Bobke says:

I did get a little confirmation from a store employee yesterday that the iPhone will be in October. He was a bit coy about it, but he agreed with me on the October timing. He is an Android fan like me, so he is getting himself an Epic Touch 4G.

19. Heyborabora says:

Wow, how did you come across such compelling Evidence.?

20. Heyborabora says:

Wow, how did you come across such compelling Evidence.?