Sprint Rolling Out Epic 4G Gingerbread Today, but We’ve Got a Manual Update for You Here
Did we just see a unicorn? Yes folks, after an agonizing wait, the Samsung Epic 4G is getting an official dose of Gingerbread. Sprint has come clean and confirmed that the software push will start to roll out today. We warn that these things tend to take a few days (normally around four) to reach everybody. However if you can’t wait, grab the zip linked below and follow the steps to perform a manual install.
- Download the update and rename it “update.zip” (without the quotes).
- Place the newly renamed zip file on your phone’s microSD card.
- Power off your phone.
- While holding down the camera button and volume down buttons, power your phone back on.
- Once the phone boots, the update will automatically begin.
- Reboot after the update is completely installed.