HTC EVO View 4G Honeycomb Rolling Out Now
A couple of weeks ago, we shared that we’d received word that the HTC EVO View 4G would be getting its highly anticipated Honeycomb upgrade before the year’s end. We hate to say we told you so, but well, we told you so. We’ve received word that EVO View 4G customers are receiving an over-the-air push of software version 2.23.651.1 aka Honeycomb, as we speak.
In the form of a 217MB file, Android 3.2.1 not only brings Honeycomb to HTC’s 7-inch slab, it adds a plethora of enhancements and fixes. If you haven’t seen any action, please be patient, the updated is officially slated to hit tomorrow. If you’re among the lucky folks that have already received the update, please let us know how it’s treating you. For those of you still waiting, check out the change log below.
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode