• Sat, Nov 1st, 2014

[Rumor] Galaxy Note Heading to Sprint

Posted In Featured, News - By Mark Hearn On Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 9:04am PDT With 53 Comments

Though the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is still absent from Sprint’s rich roster of smartphones, it appears that another Samsung giant may be on the way. A proven source close to SprintFeed states that the Samsung Galaxy Note is set to make its way to the Now Network. They were not able provide release specifics, but suspect that CES might be the platform used to announce the Note’s U.S. arrival.

The Sprint variant of the Galaxy Note is said to carry similar specs to its cousin from across the pond. It remains unsure if this device will sport an  ill fated WiMAX connection, but LTE is pretty much out of the question. No matter what the Note’s connection turns out to be, the question is, would you buy a 5.3-inch phone/tablet hybrid? For those of you that are somehow unfamiliar with what the Samsung Galaxy Note is, we’ve tacked on a brief promo video for your viewing pleasure.

1. Tommy Thompson says:

Don’t tease me like this!

2. Jamey Hebb says:

Looks pretty cool. Thanks, especially, for including the commercial.

3. Its a great device, but 2 major things wrong with it….
    1. Its got TouchWiz, which means its not worth any price they are asking for. Let it be stock Android ICS and we will talk about one of the hottest, best selling hybrid phones on the market.
    2. Its on Sprint. Regardless if it has WiMAX, EVDO-Only, or LTE, it wont work as fast as any other carrier in the world (since Sprint is slowest and has worst 3G/4G coverage of ALL networks, including MetroPCS)

I would step on necks to get this phone. Doubt it will be on Sprint, though. Like everything else, it will probably go to AT&T where it will be nerfed and AT&Ted into shit.

5. Michael A says:

Sprint, like Verizon or AT&T, isn’t bad everywhere and isn’t great everywhere either. Where I live Sprint is better than the other carriers and I havent had an issue with dropped calls or data speeds in comparison to Verizon (excluding the awesomeness that is LTE). In regards to carriers, YMMV.

I do totally agree about TouchWiz though.

6. Tommy Thompson says:

Touchwiz is a better and smoother UI than most others now. Sense has become bloated and stale, Blur has, well always been bloated and stale lol.

7. Juan Vazquez says:

Yes, I would buy it. I was hoping it would come to Sprint

8. Stephen says:

Will not buy another phone on Sprint until network direction is finally (and I do mean finally, not planned) in place – LTE, EVDO, WIMAX, whatever. I can not justify the ten dollar data surcharge that Sprint is charging, when the best I can have is 3g (on a good day and at a good spot), with no quicker speeds in the near future.
    As for this phone: looks cool, like the concept, my question would be battery life. I would wait until others had the phone and commented on the battery performance. Given that all android phones have poor battery life to begin with, you have to be very concerned about a 5.3 inch screen. Does me no good to have a great phone plugged in all the time.

9. Canon User says:

Completely wrong on the worst 3G/4G coverage of ALL networks claim.

10. Have you actually used Sprint’s LTE? If not gtfo

11. LowellG says:

When it comes to Sprint, I’ll be the first one at Sprint

12. If it’s Wimix it’s a fail…If it’s LTE then I would consider it. You can buy this now on Amazon however, it’s about 600 bucks.

13. John says:

give me a G-Note and a G-Nex on Sprint. have them be “LTE-Ready” and just flip the switch when you’re ready.

14. Jacob says:

Every single post I’ve see of yours just bitches and whines about Sprint. Why not just go to Verizon or AT&T if you’re that unhappy with Sprint’s network and coverage? No network is perfect, every carrier has both strong and weak coverage areas.

Don’t really care about this device anymore. Left in the dust by ICS.

16. J. Watts says:

I don’t give a damn about the Galaxy Nexus, the Galaxy Note runs circles around it.

17. Robby Payne says:

LTE would he great, but I’m not holding my breath. I was just researching how to buy this unlocked and use an AT&T GoPhone SIM when I saw this article! I hope this rumor is true! I’ve been anxiously awaiting this device since it debuted last fall…awesome news!

18. Ali M says:

Yes, please!! Also, don’t announce it next week & release it in July!! If you’re going to wait that long, just keep your mouth shut till July.

19. Rich says:

That’s why they won’t release an LTE ready device this early. With all the drama with Lightsquared and Clear, I’d be surprised if Sprint has even completely locked down which frequencies their devices are going to support for LTE.

20. John says:

they have to! they have no choice! Sprint is in 4G limbo now. they have to GO!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Rich says:

No, they don’t. They could release the Note with a WiMax radio and it will still be perfectly acceptable as that network is going to be around for at least a couple more years. Sprint has already said they aren’t releasing LTE hardware until later in the year.

You say you want an LTE ready device, but that’s the part of their 4G plan that is in the greatest state of limbo. Yeah, they are building out there own spectrum for LTE, but there are still bit question marks hanging over their key partners, Lightsquare and Clearwire. It would be foolish to release LTE hardware until those issues are resolved.

22. Chieze Okoye says:

Interesting point, but with the increase in space (and not really any bigger electronic internals than a normal), you gotta believe that they will pack it with a huge battery pack.

23. Dave says:

I’ve had a GSM version of this device in Hong Kong since it was launched here (YES, launched first i n HK, not in Europe).

The screen is stunning and functional. Samsung has promised that this device will be the first to get an ICS update. Look for an announcement at CES.

Someone commented about the battery life: it could be better, but the huge 2500mAh battery eases the sting a bit.

There are already TONS of accessories for the device. And Samsung shipped over a million of them in under 2 months. Clearly a runaway success.

Interestingly enough, it used to be that iPhones were the “phone to have” in HK, but over the past month, there has been a very noticable shift to Galaxy Notes and Galaxy S2 devices. The Galaxy Nexus just hasn’t caught on here.

24. Dave says:

ICS coming. Probably this month! And with the stylus, it’s probably better suited for ICS than the Nexus.

25. Dave says:

Unlocked Notes are available in Hong Kong, although currently sold out. The device has been a runaway success. Prices range between hk$4500 and hk$6000, depending upon whether you get a grey market device or one from an official retailer.

In HK, subsidies are a suckers bet, 26 month contract AND more expensive calling plan for a paltry hk$500 or so off the unsubsidized price.

26. Dave says:

2500mAh. Although it doesn’t add as much time as I would have hoped for. That screen eats power!

27. John says:

NO Sprint already has made the decision to go to LTE. the LTE/CDMA G-Nex has already been made (VZW) so it’s an easy pivot transition device for Sprint.

28. Funtimestony says:

Um, yeah…. i need to to have the Note. Sprint lets do this!!!! …. LOL :-)

29. Bill S says:

Uh we already know Sprint is using one of it’s 1900MHz CDMA blocks to deploy LTE on it’s own network in fact I’m pretty sure they said it was the g block and unused nextel pcs bands.

30. Mike07104 says:

i hope it is true that the galaxy note is coming to sprint i cant wait

31. Luke says:

When this phone rolls out in sprints show room, im buying it.

32. Mw0915 says:

When sprint will have the galaxy note

33. Mw0915 says:

And dose come in white or black

34. Esdrasvera says:

If sprint sucks now imagine the disaster with lte. Twelve years with sprint and after six months of huge problems with their android series and shitty sorry I am out.

35. Patriot71 says:

Where can i get confirmation that the samsung note comes to sprint

36. Rucurious says:

I would LOVE to have this Note on Sprint but i think the photo is a “fake”. Notice that the reflection doesnt reflect the bottom of the Sprint logo. In the reflection, you should at least be able to see the bottom of the “p” right beside the speaker. Its not there. I dont think a legit marketing pic would have missed that.

37. Yousuckmarkhearn says:

Fail mark hearn. Your source was a big fat phony fail

38. jjcastellanos says:

I guess you information about the phone was bogus, from what I’m reading out of the CES show only AT&T is getting the Samsung Note. Anyway with all the BS that sprint puts out about 4G, when it not even 4G, I’m surprised their customers haven’t place a class action law suite against them. If you want 4G go else where, Sprint does not have it, nor will they anytime soon. Who are the trying to Kidd. The NOW NETWORK, more like the NOWHERE NETWORK. Hate to say this but if you want 4G, you have to go with VERIZON!!!!!!

39. John Jung says:

i have been holding off on buying a sprint galaxy II for this phone.
    i can’t wait till sprint gets this phone.
    sprint, listen to your customer and get this phone asap.
    sprint don’t wait for the LTE, just release it in the WiMax version.
    WiMax is more power efficent anyways.

40. Jmontez says:

Nooooooooooooo once again the people who are in charge at sprint have shitted on us again. Thankz for nothing. Mark hearn u suck dragon ballz

41. Steve says:

I’m sprint and I want a Note NOW !!!

The problem with their 4g is a total sprint problem in Phoenia, Az. They will never give us 4g until they fix it at the end of 2013. By then the national wifi will be starting up. SO?

42. Nubiansouljer says:

become a god, get us the Note!!!!

43. Jjcastellanos says:

The last thing you need from spring is that the raise the price when, if they get LTE, because their so call 4G is actually 3G. If you test you 4G in L.A. and test the 4G of Verizon and AT&T, they are much faster. Like or not, they are still last of all four carries. I switched from Verizon, now I want to go back to them. Why should I pay for 4G when your really getting 3G.

44. Ianpanton says:

Yes I want galaxy note on sprint :-)

45. Apelaez says:

5.3 in? Outstanding! Just make sure its at least as fast as my Evo when browsing the web.

46. Drassob21 says:

Actually I’ve only seen good things about the battery life on the Note. 10-12 hours of usage time and I’ve seen many comments that say they don’t even have to plug it in every night. Just thought I would let you know what I’ve read.

47. Shizona says:

I really hope the Galaxy Note comes to sprint I am so ready to get rid of my EVO. Dont get me wrong I do love my EVO, Im just ready for a change an upgrade. I love Sprints network and Customer Service, I have never had any problems and if I did Sprint was right there ready willing and able to fix the problem. But I am now ready to get the Galaxy Note just waiting for Sprint to launch it.. I hope they do it soon I am going crazy waiting LOL!!!!!!

48. hiram says:

yes i like to have one

49. xxtremetiesxl says:

it burns my butt that AT T got the Samsung Galaxy Note first …… I have 4 phones with Sprint … been with them since 2001 this time around and was with them from 1996 to 1999, 3 phones this year will be eligiable for upgrade and I seriously am thinking of switching over if they do not get the Note soon

50. Ashley says:

I really need the Galaxy note to come to sprint. please please sprint get this phone

51. zacbreaux says:

I agree. This phone is revolutionary and the next practical step in smart phones. If Sprint doesn’t get it on their network soon, and I mean very soon, I will be switching too. It’s ashame. I’m a long standing customer of Sprint as well.