• Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014

ZTE Optik Tablet Available Feb. 5th for $99.99 by Order Only, Retail Launch March 11th

Posted In Featured, News - By Mark Hearn On Wednesday, January 25th, 2012 4:19pm PDT With 9 Comments

The Now Network has been running dry on new devices for quite a while, but all of that is about to change. Our Super Spies recently tipped us that Sprint was clearing out some of their tablet inventory and now we know why. Pictured above is the ZTE Optik, a $100 budget friendly 7-inch slab that will be available to purchase by way of order starting on February 5th. If you’re the type that prefers a good hands-on before making a purchase, the Optik is slated to hit Sprint stores on March 11th. Full specs coming up after the break.

• 7-inch display
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 16GB internal memory
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 4,000 mAh battery
  • 5-megapixel primary camera
  • 2-megapixel front facing camera
  • Mobile hotspot for up to 5 devices (3G)
  • Stereo speakers
  • bluetooth
  • Android 3.2

1. Tommy Thompson says:

I think you have the battery size wrong.

I don’t care how cheap it is, I’d never get a tablet on contract.

3. Mdub says:

That’s what I was thinking. I’m done with 7 inch tablets. I’m on my 2nd evo view in less then a month of ownership and my next tablet will be a 10 inch ICS device. The asus transformer prime is looking pretty nice right now. I might even grab a first generation transformer if the price drops to where i want it to.

4. Mdub says:

Especially when other carriers with better networks are offering month to month plans for tablets.

5. mike payton says:

For $249 you can get the upcoming Asus Tegra 3 7″ tablet. No contract.

6. Owl Views says:

For $100 you can’t get any better really. I mean the kindle fire is dropping the cameras and has only 8 GB of internal storage for $199 so for 100 dollars less, to get 16GB of storage as well as dual-camera setup… seems like a fair deal in my book >_>

7. What the hell is the screen resolution on this thing? If it’s another low-res like the View I’m not even interested. Galaxy Nexus or Note will probably be higher resolution than this.

8. cashd00d says:

This tablet is $100 on a 2-year contract. Not worth it.