• Sat, Apr 19th, 2014

RDF Page Suggests That a Samsung Epic 4G Touch Android 4.0 Update is in the Works

Posted In News - By Mark Hearn On Monday, February 13th, 2012 3:01pm PDT With 16 Comments

Arguably Sprint’s current Android heavyweight champion, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch plays the role of daily driver for many of Sprint’s Android enthusiasts. In the minds of many, the only thing that could improve this beloved Samsung superphone would be an official dose of Android 4.0. Though its predecessor the Epic 4G took its time getting its official software bumps, it appears that Sammy is already hard at work on the Epic 4G Touch’s Ice Cream Sandwich build.

A clever sleuth over at oh so popular XDA forums noticed that an RDF page for the Epic 4G Touch listing an OS version of Android 4.0.3 is now live. The latest date of the page is February 10th, which notes the last update to this build. There’s no telling when the finished Android 4.0 build will hit eager Epic 4G Touch owners, but this definitely suggests that Samsung has something in the works.

Source: XDA

Thanks Brandon!

1. Aaa says:

they might want to get moving on that nexus s 4g ics update. shouldnt take this long being a stock google device

2. sousaking1 says:

SWEET!!!

3. Ben Perry says:

AS long as ICS fixes the terrible GPS/Location Services on the Touch.

4. V Rios85 says:

Getting my Samsung Epic 4G Touch in a couple weeks can’t wait to actually have it and can’t wait for the ICS update

5. J. Watts says:

I don’t think it will matter soon, I’m getting fed up with my GSII & Sprint’s service.

The eptouch has better specs than just about any phone on verizon. 4.5 inch screen, 8 mp camera rear and 2mp front, 1.2 dual core exonos processor, Hd screen.. Its tits, you get this big beautiful device and you get unlimited data on it. Try that on att or verizon. I’m in chicago so wimax is great city wide. Very fast. I probably use 10 gigs of service a month. Gps, satellite radio, podcasts and my companys website all adds up very fast. I could not imagine having a beautiful device like this with anything but unlimited.

Very wise choice!

8. Tommy Thompson says:

My GPS works with no issues at all.

9. Ive decided to go with this phone also, my upgrade is next month.

10. John says:

1. where is the Sprint G-Nex?
    2. where is ICS for the Sprint Nexus S 4G?

this is stating to get ridiculous!

come on Hesse! get your ass in gear!!!

11. Mjcallos says:

My GPS is actually very snappy. Signal is pocked up in seconds in most cases. Tall buildings do effect it as with all GPS.

12. E4GT says:

HD screen? … Not sure you where informed correctly

13. Jacob says:

Yes, it’s getting sooooo ridiculous.

Ummm, yeah.

The Google Nexus might be released when they are closer to having an LTE network it can actually be used on.

As far as the Nexus S 4G, the software will be released when it’s ready. Trying to get the software right to try and minimize the inevitable bitching and whining that comes with every software release. It will still come out before the GN is released, and before the SGS2 or any Sprint HTC device gets their ICS updates.

Ok so I meant hd video

15. John says:

that’s bullshit!

my patience is wearing thin Hesse!

do you hear me Hesse?????????????

GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. S2 Owner/complainer says:

My gps sucks so bad I almost don’t even use it. I try to now and then and it’s a waste of time. I took it to Sprint to have it looked at and was told they downloaded an app on my phone call GPStest and I have to go thru a few procedures to get my gps to work. But it is still a joke. Puts me no where close to my real location. Only thing I hate about my S2 is that