• Mon, Sep 1st, 2014

Sprint Customer Retention Promo Offering up to a $100 Discount for Eligible Customers

Posted In Featured, News - By Mark Hearn On Wednesday, February 1st, 2012 3:02pm PDT With 39 Comments

If you’re a loyal Sprint customer in need of a new phone, but you’re not quite eligible for an upgrade, Sprint still may have a deal waiting for you. Starting on February 5th, Sprint will begin reaching out to customers via email and snail mail to offer them a potential discount of $25, $50, or $100. This offer is on a case by case basis and will be flagged on your account. The best part about this great offer is the fact that it can also be combined with eligible upgrades as well. The only catch here is that it does require a new two year service agreement, which is the same as any upgrades.

Remember this is set on a case by case basis, so nothing is guaranteed, but it doesn’t hurt to check. This particular offer is set run through the entire month of February and ends on March 18th. We’ve gotta hand it to Sprint, this is without a doubt an awesome way to show some customer appreciation.

1. Chris Monteiro says:

“If you’re a loyal Sprint customer in need of a new phone, but you’re not quite eligible for an upgrade, Sprint still may have a deal waiting for you.”

It clearly says in the first sentence of the screenshot that they will be targeting upgrade eligible customers.

2. Chris Foster says:

I have been off contract with Sprint for about 4 months now… does that make me a high risk of leaving? I have been eyeing the Motorola Razr or Nexus on Verizon.

3. Alan says:

Check it says not quite eligible..

4. Chris Monteiro says:

Yes, which means you cannot get an upgrade, and the deal focuses on people who are eligible (based on that screenshot at least).

5. SheriffBart says:

Does this mean that if my upgrade is April 1, I will get my $150 + $100? If all I get is $100, then I might as well wait until April. I’m thinking of either a BB Bold or Iphone 4S.

One would think so….I’m also off-contract since November, and every time I call Sprint about a question, they keep on reminding me that I’m eligible for an upgrade. I keep on holding out to see if the the next iPhone will come with LTE, (and crossing my fingers that Sprint will still have unlimited data for LTE phones if that become a possibility)

Though About 2 yrs ago, I was off contract, and T-mobile has a newspaper ad with a comparable plan that cost less then Sprint. To keep me on Sprint, They offered me a monthly $20 discount off my bill for the next 2 years. (in short-with my employer participation plan, my Everything Data 450 plan only cost me $55/m while I was on-contract) Now I’m paying full price. (sad panda) I hoping something like this would be happening so I can get a better deal.

7. Stephen says:

While I am edging closer to being contract free with Sprint, this offer does not appeal to me. The 25, 50, or even 100 dollar offer is not enough to offset the commitment of two more years. However, I think this is a very good move by Sprint management. Sprint has to be concerned with consumers leaving the carrier, as the network has issues – reported slow 3g speeds (with Virgin,Boost, and Straight Talk all using the capacity), window of time until new, quicker network can be implemented (meanwhile Verizon is implementing the company’s new network in short order), and the question of introducing new devices to consumers (these new devices need to be compatible with new network, however there is no new network to utilize these devices thus a delay in bringing new devices to market). It will be interesting to review Sprint’s earnings report in the near future (think it is a matter of days now). I am glad to see Sprint management identify a concern and attempt to address that concern. I call that being proactive instead of reactive. I hope for Sprint’s sake being proative is something the company does more in the future.

8. Richwolf says:

Yeah Mark but before I thank Sprint for this offer consider the lack of options for Windows Phone 7 customers )-:

9. John says:

the market has spoken. nobody wants it.

10. John says:

ok so please start selling some LTE phones like the G-Nex! only a fool would buy a Wimax phone today! come on Hesse! get your ass in gear and release the G-Nex!!!

11. The Sprint Mole says:

No, the credit of up to $100 with a 2 year service agreement extension is for those people who do not qualify for the 20 month + HUP credit. April 1st, you’ll get the same price as Joe Smoe coming off the street for a new line of service. If you think about it SheriffBart, $100 off the retail price of an 16GB Apple 4S for a customer who is not eligible for new activation pricing is going to end up paying $550 PLUS a $36 Upgrade fee. You got to love all the ways Sprint is able to squeeze every nickel and dime out of their existing customers. Don’t forget also, Sprint has taken away a portion of the NVP discounts offered on the shared plans by only discounting the primary line and no longer the secondary one. Yes, Sprint does offer the best value in wireless, but they still are behind in the LTE race of Verizon Wireless and at&t.

If they want to buy out my T-Mobile contract, I’ll switch to Sprint.

13. The Sprint Mole says:

Not going to happen itched.

14. Mdub says:

I’ll resign if they release the damn Galaxy nexus. I’ve never had 4g so it won’t be anything new to me if I were to be able to grab an lte phone before they rolled out the network. I’d just settle for the poor 3g speeds for a while.

15. Richwolf says:

How would you know…you have to wrestle a Sprint emplyee to get past the iPhones and Droids.

16. Coreyprkr2005 says:

or betta yet how bout release htc evo lte version or samsung galaxy s 3 lte version?

I am almost out of contract and I am waiting to see how the 4G LTE NV roll out is here in Chicago. If its going to be another year or two till we get LTE than I’m off to Verizon.

18. SheriffBart says:

Verizon has had 4G LTE in my area for three months now. No sign of any 4G LTE from Sprint. I may be following you to Verizon.
    Only problem I have with Verizon and ATT is the cap on data. I hear that 4G phones use lot’s of data. I had a friend who wanted to be cool and watch the NFL playoff game on his 4G Android. He used 1G (50% of his monthly allotment) of data on one game.

19. Jpezz333 says:

I agree with wolf. I want one of the new windows phones from Nokia. I don’t like apple and I don’t want android. I may have to move to T-mobile and get an HTC Radar.

20. You are going to get LTE by the end of June in Chicago. You can take it to the bank. That is not the problem for me, my concern is if their phones will have the 800mhz LTE band.

21. The next Iphone LTE will be out in October, so you will be holding for a while. I am eligible for an upgrade on August, but I will hold for 2 months.

22. Debracj says:

signed on as new customer for internet only, only 3g availablein area, wouldn’t let me download news on video, netflix, or hulu, could only surf and slowly, i called and spoke to several people in support and supervisors, ect. from first receiving, was told finally that i was out of the two week window, and to go to store for education and devise check, store told me device was a disconinued unit but was working ok, finally after several more phone calls finally spoke to someone that actually helped me, connected to special department who said 3g wasn’t capable of the speeds needed for what i wanted, supervisor said basically oh well you have signed contract, i took device back to store here and have told everyone who has called about bill that sprint would never receive a penny, worst customer service and attitude i have ever dealt with, not informed of limitations, i now have comcast internet and everything is perfect, needless to say i will never have a good word about this company unhappy in indiana

23. Very sneaky move by Sprint. We know the hot stuff will start coming in May through the end of the year, and they want you to get the old garbage now.

I would love to share that thought but since I have heard of nothing here in Chicago and its already Feb I will not be holding my breath. I would love to see some information on this but I fear its not out there.

25. Ness says:

Ready to bounce from Sprint, after 7 years. Customer service is lacking on so many levels in the last year it’s hard to find a reason to stay. Just became eligible for upgrade yesterday finally. My last phone has been replaced 2x and now have a refurbished unit that wont connect to the data I pay for! The boys in the store laugh and state my phone is so old it’s no wonder it wont play nice. Are you kidding me? Now mind you with the last upgrade discount I still paid 200.00 for this phone it was the latest and greatest phone upon purchase but hasn’t even lasted through the contract? Plan is expensive considering I cant access data 9 out of 10 times. Have spoke to customer care on numerous occasions with no real concern if I stay or leave and no resolve for the issues I still pay for monthly. Consider this, new 2 year contract with upgrade will cost me 4280.00 I guess my 4K doesn’t matter to them. Betcha the next carrier would be happy to take my 4 grand and be able to provide 4G and a decent phone, maybe even customer service that at least pretends to care :) Talked to Sprint today and no mention of the upcoming deal or any offer to sweeten my loyalty to stay, upgrade & sign up for another 2 years. All she could say is hope your happy with another carrier WOW way to go Sprint! Great way to retain your proven loyal paying customers!

Their first LTE cluster was just outside Chicago, so that should give you some indication that they are working on getting LTE to Chicago early. I believe we will see 4 or 5 major cities and 5-6 smaller cities from each of the three companies working on NV by the end of summer time. Sprint has to probably work faster than they were before, especially since ATT has said they are going to expedite their rollout and have 80ish%. It would explain retuning the 800mhz in 2012 instead of waiting til 2013 like originally planned.

@Carlos. I am also concerned about 800mhz lte band on my phone. I would not want a phone that can only use the 1900 band for LTE.

27. NOT Happy says:

They are getting so far behind of the customer service idea that now looks they are trying to blow money out the window instead of investing in the network that works and employees that care a little.

28. The Sprint Mole says:

Good bye Ness… Don’t let the door hit you where my dog could have bit you.

29. loyal says:

I have been a loyal Sprint Customer since 2004, and quite frankly have never had a issue with their cutomer service or my coverage. My husband used to be an engineer there and was laid off in 2008. I have the choice to have a FREE AT&T phone however I chose to stay with Sprint. I have also been out of contract and due for an upgrade. I’m looking forward to what they will be offering in the next month. Thanks Sprint for ALWAYS being loyal!!!!!

30. Nessakat says:

LOL, watch YOUR Karma for being nasty :P

31. Chris Foster says:

If the stars align correctly, I could be eligible for a discount by being a high risk at leaving, and do it at best buy to get the extra 50 dollar gift card. But knowing my luck, sprint will charge me with another monthly charge to use 4g that I have never used due to where I live…

32. There are a lot of excellent points in these comments but I believe the MOST disturbing new Sprint decision has been overlooked. To upgrade phones, Sprint now requires that you pay for the phone up-front rather than putting it on your monthly bill. I’ve upgraded phones regularly for the past 5 years that I’ve been a Sprint customer – placing the new phone and accessories on my Sprint account. It makes it easier to upgrade and financially more convenient for the customer. I’ve got a little bit more than a year left on my three line family plan. When it expires, I’m headed to Verizon, where I can get the latest phones, smoking fast LTE and a better selection of Motorola products. Doesn’t the new Droid Razr look amazing??

33. actually if you read the screen shot it is for people who are eligible for an upgrade, and it says it is in addition to there standard upgrade discount so it is the 250 plus another 25/50/100

34. VZWemp says:

Verizon isn’t going to let you bill to your account either… Seems to me you should just get your new phone when you actually have the money to pay for it. Wireless companies aren’t in the loan business.

35. Sprint Customer says:

How do you check if line qualify?

I called asking about this promo feb 5th @ 11am and reps had now clue about this promo…I have two lines that are out of contract for almost 3 months now and are fully equipment upgradeable.

How do you check if lines qualify for this additional $100 off promo?

36. Marcspence1 says:

HTC arrive looks like a nice phone?

37. Alan Fortte says:

Well that first sentence of the post says what Alan above said. So I suppose that SprintFeed has dumbed down the screenie and told us that.

38. Christine says:

sounds like you just dont know how to get things done. ive been with sprint for 7 years also and i get my phones free or damn near free and i got the latest and greatest phone and i dont need to pay that much. Word of advice dont ever buy from the sprint store. go to sam’s club…radio shack…best buy and so on… they have way better discounts without having to deal with the mail in rebates. Plus best buy offers a better warranty on the phone then sprint and there is no replacement fee of $125 like sprint. You just need to stop being so lazy and actually look around. Sprint is the best carrier out there price wise and service wise. The data is truly unlimited and wont be taken away if you use it to much like all the other carriers.

39. Retention Guy says:

This is ****** ******* from the retention / cancellations department. You guys are the worst customers I ever known. You guys are the reason Sprint Checks in my department are constantly getting cut just to meet your demands, and why the costs are constantly going up for you guys. As soon as we hear “are you guys in retentions.” We know your going to be a whiny b**** because you guys read these up. I hope your coverage continues to suck, and you never get the phone of your choice…I dont only speak from myself. I speak for every. Single. account services/retention specialist and supervisor. The economy did not go down because of the gov. The Economy went down because of whiny customers like you guys. I been with 2 other companies and all them went down because compensation was given out, because people keep looking for deals and raising hell and s****** on the employees days and you come out smiling either you get it or not. I hope you guys rot.