• Sun, Oct 26th, 2014

[Deal] HTC EVO 3D Free From Wirefly

Posted In Deals - By Mark Hearn On Monday, March 26th, 2012 9:55am PDT With 6 Comments

In need of an upgrade, but low on cash? The folks from Wirefly have got quite an intriguing deal going. The mega retailer is currently offering the HTC EVO 3D for the low, low price of nothing to new and renewing customers alike. Sporting a 1.2 dual-core Snapdragon, 3D video capture and a promise for the next run of Android, the EVO 3D isn’t too shabby. However the two-year question is, if you’re up to taking on a WiMAX device with plans for LTE on the way?

1. Davidksims says:

I dont think anyone in their right mind would take this. My bill on Sprint is $94.00 a month. I assume the EVO is roughly the same. Sprint announcement April 4th to release new HTC EVO June 10……….Save your money for 2 months and get the new improved hardware!

2. eFunk25 says:

Well if LTE is anything like how they rolled out 4g then 5 years from now most of us still won’t have it anywhere close to us. I don’t think owning a WiMAX phone rather than upgrading to an LTE phone is much of a deterrent. What is would be getting slower specs on and a phone that is already outdated basically. I made the mistake of buying a phone that was out for almost a year rather than spending the extra chash on a newer one. It barley works now and it is only a year and a half old. I’m just holding on until the new devices come out.

3. Davidksims says:

@eFunk25, you will be getting a slower device. AT&T has Note with 1.5 Duel-Core. Sprint will have Nexus with same in April. If Mark’s rumor’s are correct, HTC Evo w/Beats will also sport the same with bigger screen, full HD, and other goodies!
    I see who Mark is attempting to help (those on limited budgets and/or funds), but I personally think they will get jammed in the end. Sprint already gave my Phonton EOL, and I only had it 8 months new!!! Not lone, this 3D toy will have end of life………………

4. eFunk25 says:

True, I agree. I am trying to hold out for the EVO. Cause even if your older device is getting the new Android OS it will still struggle to run it with an older processor. I was on a budget when I decided to get the stupid Samsung Moment. LOL, it was cool for like 6 months then nothing would work right on it cause it was just too slow.

5. Patrick (on the planet) says:

4G is pretty damn good all the way from Washington DC down to Charlotte, NC. Sorry you are not in an area that has it. The roll out was fast, considering they were the first company to deploy. The way Verizon advertises their 4G, you would think it is lurking around every corner and beneath every stone in the entire country. FAIL.

6. eFunk25 says:

I wish the 4g was better roled out here like it is where you are at Patrick. Where I’m at Verzon is dominating and has the best coverage. Sprint is way behind in my area. I should have actually switched but I just keep hoping Sprint will step it up.