• Sun, Aug 31st, 2014

Motorola PHOTON 4G and LG Marquee EOL’d, What’s up Next?

Posted In News - By Mark Hearn On Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:50am PDT With 20 Comments

It’s been a little while since we’ve had a look at Sprint’s End-of-Life (EOL) listing and its latest edition is a bit of a doozy. Making the cut this time around we have the LG Marquee and Motorola PHOTON 4G. The puzzling thing about this bit is that the PHOTON 4G was one of Sprint’s last heavyweight smartphones before taking a high-end hiatus as the company readies itself for LTE. By shelving such a next-gen device device that is poised to receive Android 4.0, hopefully this is an indication that some major heat is on its way. Both devices are set to near retirement starting in April.

1. Sprint could possibly get a Droid Razr equivalent?

2. Merl Bonham says:

Wasn’t the Evo4g supposed to be EOL’d in October???

Unfortunately, Verizon won’t let Motorola offer the Razr to Sprint. However, the Sprint side of Motorola does have a couple attractive devices in the pipeline, both QWERTY equipped and not. Stay tuned. Motorola is strongly committed to the Razr ideology though. Fast, Slim, LifeProof, all while delivering superior battery life.

4. Joe Negrau says:

Will there be another high end worldphone coming to Sprint to replace the Photon? I was just getting ready to upgrade to it so I have a GSM capable phone for my trip to Europe this summer.

5. Davidksims says:

I hope so because thats the main reason I got the Photon!! The HTC One X (EVO) and the Sumsung Galaxy Note is high on my list, but I need GSM and MicroSDHC!!

6. Tbent4000 says:

I want to see the Galaxy Note on Sprint period.

7. ArchangelRenzoku says:

The Photon was… I mean IS great on battery life. It doesn’t really take advantage of those dual-cores very well without some Cyanogen mod on it though. I’m hoping they make a Photon sequel with even better battery life. And I would die if they added a hardware keyboard. It would Epic… like the Epic :P

8. Paul says:

Really hope motorola release a new sprint phone with a 3300mah battery.

9. Tommy Thompson says:

The white one.

10. Warren Jones says:

I’m been so unhappy with the Photon 4G I wont even attempt to resell it when I decide to upgrade. I’m going to take my time mutilating this device for all the grief it has caused me.

11. Alemus2 says:

Does this mean that I wouldn’t be able to get the same phone back if I had an insurance issue where my wouldn need to be replaced?

12. Matt says:

The Photon 4G is a great phone. I just added my parents onto my Sprint plan and got them both the Photon. They are in love with the phone. It gets a better 4G signal than my EVO 3D, and the battery life is outstanding for an android phone. I hope Motorola brings another phone like this with LTE because that will definitely be in my future since I live in Houston.

13. Davidksims says:

e-mail me a dksims@selectmedical and davidksims@gmail. I will answer your question!

14. Bwhitehead8465 says:

Motorola rep told us they have something pretty big coming out in mayish, maybe june. Said it was definitely worth looking forward to

15. Cocoman135 says:

as long as i gotpaid to get the photon im good!

3.04 after activation and other fees(Phone cost etc.)

im gonna buy the GS3/EVO LTE/PHOTON 2/FLAGSHIP LG PHONE
    when LTE starts up in my neighborhood.

16. Alemus2 says:

why the private email lol

17. Cocoman135 says:

what if its called the MOTO slim LTE phone with a hump up top?
    and it had diffrent external specs like 4.8 AMOLED HD+ and kept the same style

18. GaTex7 says:

I just bought the Photon less than two months ago and now it’s eol? I’ve been anything but impressed with it! already replaced it once, within 30 days of purchase! Always restarting itself for no good reason and force closes alot! coming from the original evo I am highly let down

Most of you on here would likely disgree with me but I personally would like a wp7 similar to the evo 4g on sprint and lte would be wonderful if they ever offer it in my area since i’ve bought two “4g” phones with the nearest 4g being 200+ miles away

19. SprintTDI says:

Sorry you are having such issues with your Photon. But in contracts I have four. Me, wife and 2 kids. We all absolutely LOVE our Photons! No problems after 7 months now. I was not a Motorola fan before this phone… but between the doc and HDMI out with keyboard and mouse support, my kids use them for school and play. Would hope you get your issues resolved. There is a percentage issue/failure with all devices. Good luck!

20. Hdave02 says:

Same issue I have crack in bottom of screen……. considering upgrade instead of paying deductable