• Fri, Oct 31st, 2014

What’s Going Down on April 4th?

Posted In Featured, News, Polls - By Mark Hearn On Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 6:23pm PDT With 26 Comments

Looking at Sprint and HTC’s rich history, it’s all but obvious that they’ll be announcing a new EVO on April 4th. The question is, what can you expect? Our sources are in agreement that Sprint and HTC will be introducing the first LTE EVO-branded smartphone, which will be based off of HTC’s One X. It’s uncertain what the device’s retail name will be, but we know that you can expect the new EVO to be packing Qualcomm’s 1.5GHz dual-core MSM8960 Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM, 4.7-inch Super LCD (1280×720), 1,800 mAh battery (possibly embedded), Beats Audio and of course Android 4.0. We’re also hearing that the new EVO’s LTE will come with an on/off switch, which should help maintain the device’s battery life.

Will an LTE EVO be enough to make you bypass the highly anticipated Galaxy Nexus, or will you jump on whichever device releases first? Be sure to share your thoughts on what you think is going to happen on April 4th and don’t be afraid to kick around some of your favorite new EVO names, we’re kinda partial to “LT-EVO” ourselves. Be sure to join us on this faithful day as we’ll be holding one of our live chats and would love for you to stop by.

1. Xetaray says:

The EVO One sounds like a good name. both the One series and the EVO series have tended towards simpler names.

2. Jcc says:

I would like to see the EVO made as big as the note……we can call it the 3dxl

3. Tommy Thompson says:

No, we don’t need another 3D EVO. Not now, not ever.

4. I think I’m done with HTC and their crappy build. They do things so wrong, I cannot support their designs (IE EVO Design) a phone should NOT come off in 3 pieces, rather one to get to the LCD. I’m sorry but I have worked on the EVO (easy) the MyTouch 3G slider (meh) and the Design (WILL NEVER FIX ONE OF THOSE AGAIN!) I have seen the Inspire 4G (ATT) have the 3 piece design and no, no more HTC I am looking at Samsung. I bid you farewell when my contract is up

5. My3poos says:

I would love to see a phablet.

6. DCipollone says:

It’ll be called the EVO X, you watch…

7. Jaysus says:

Unless it has a kickstand, it still not be my #1 choice come renewal time

8. Sprinttech says:

Design is a snap to take apart if you have just a drop of skill. Only thing that may be tricky is the tsp cable because how it folds

9. Casey Anthony says:

I really like HTC, have had evo since launch day, 3D on launch day and I will certainly be getting the new evo on launch day. Unless Sprint got the note I might have to get that but I actually really like sense. I think it’s far superior to Touch WIz. I hope it’s not white or comes in black also. Never been a fan of white.

10. Davidksims says:

I might be down. I wanted a SG Note, but I might rock this!

11. FireFrost says:

Ahh, I can’t wait! My Hero can finally get some well-deserved time off.

12. Cocoman135 says:

Evo XL? Evo PHABLET?

13. ArchangelRenzoku says:

An unlocked bootloader, and yeah a kickstand would make me jump ship over to HTC. Otherwise, anything to do with Google will get the Android updates first.

14. cashd00d says:

It could be the EVO X.

It could also have a name made out of two series combined together. The Galaxy Nexus is a combination of the Galaxy S and Nexus lines after all.

15. justsaying says:

Let that kickstand nonsense go…

16. dafpoo says:

Seriously! My Hero is so tired, so very very tired…

17. I actually like LT-EVO. LTE-Vo. LT for Luxury Telephone.

18. JC says:

No Tegra 3 for the upcoming Evo?

C’mon son

19. Tater26 says:

evo xl?

20. RageQuit1 says:

How is not having a Tegra 3 bad? The S4 may only be dual core but its performance an battery life are better due to being and A15 processor which is better than the Tegra’s A9 architecture. Also being quad core doesn’t really mean much if there are no apps programed for all the cores(there are very few apps optimized to use that many cores. only a few apps Nvida has sponsored are made for it.) . are plus from what i have gathered Tegra 3 doesn’t play nice with LTE that’s why the American One Xs don’t have them.

21. Tbent4000 says:

Absolutely!!!I hate that phone and plus that 3d stuff WILL hurt your eyes.

22. Cocoman135 says:

Please add a GSM slot and Bigger battery than the orig. One X and make the battery removable?

23. Tommy Thompson says:

People don’t understand that. They see quadcore vs. dual and automatically think the quadcore is superior, which isn’t the case.

24. Chriscbrown says:

I’m only disappointed about the s4 because the adreno 225 gpu isn’t close to the tegra 3′s. The s4′s CPU is just as good or better though. Now, if they can get the “pro” chip with the adreno 320 gpu in this phone, I’d take that over the tegra any day. With the adreno 320 this phone would be competitive with anything rose released this year and possibly even into next year, quad-core or otherwise…

25. Derekgreen15 says:

HTC EVO Jet

26. Cofetlk says:

I would like the Galaxy Note but whatever upgrade I get, the battery life is an issue. A better battery life for any new phone I get is most desirable.